The Ultimate Guide to Placing your child for adoption in Kansas or Missouri
What do I do now that I am pregnant?
Now that you are pregnant, the most important thing is the health and well-being of you and your child. It is natural to feel overwhelmed about what to do next, and we are here to provide you with guidance, encouragement, and comfort. This section includes resources for considering your options for placing your child for adoption.
What can I expect from an adoption agency?
Simply stated, this isn’t easy. We are here to provide you with the compassion, guidance, and privacy you deserve through your pregnancy, birth, placement and lifetime beyond.
How does the adoption process work?
You will have your own adoption coordinator who will meet with you and help you explore your situation. We provide education for you, the prospective birth father and any other family members who desire.
We are by your side every step of the way as you find peace and hope along your path. To learn more about the adoption process for birth parents, get your information packet below.
What are my adoption rights?
We empower you to make the best adoption plan. You have the right to be treated with dignity and respect throughout the entire adoption process and life beyond. This section includes your key things to remember while considering placing your child for adoption along with your adoption rights.
How do I create an adoption plan?
Together, we create a well-thought-out, realistic plan that puts the interest of your child first and allows you to be in control of your adoption process. Take a deep breath and trust in your ability to make the best possible decisions.
Life after adoption
Following the signing of your adoption paperwork, the baby goes home from the hospital with the adoptive family. Your adoption coordinator stays connected to offer guidance and support to both you and the adoptive family as you adjust to your new normal. Both parties are encouraged to reach out to us as much as needed for as long as desired.
Birth parents stories
The decisions you are facing are difficult – but know you are not alone. These inspiring stories are from birth parents who lovingly placed their children into the hearts and homes of their forever families.
- Conversations on Open Adoption with Bravelove – Part 1
- Conversations on Open Adoption with Bravelove – Part 2
- Conversations on Open Adoption with Bravelove – Part 3
- Birth Parent Stories with Bravelove – Adrianne’s Story
- Birth Parent Stories with Bravelove – Sarah’s Story
- Birth Parent Stories with Bravelove – Hannah’s Story
- In Their Own Words: Our Birth Parent Series, Part 1
- In Their Own Words: Our Birth Parent Series, Part 2
- In Their Own Words: Our Birth Parent Series, Part 3
- In Their Own Words: Our Birth Parent Series, Part 4
- In Their Own Words: Our Birth Parent Series, Part 5
- In Their Own Words: Our Birth Parent Series, Part 6
Making a decision based on information rather than emotion is an important part of the adoption process. Here are frequently asked questions we receive from prospective birth parents.