FEDERAL AND State Adoption Tax credits
Adoption Tax Law Changes for 2020
Grants, Loans, and Fundraising
There are many financial grants and some loans available to families to help offset some of the adoption costs. The website links below will provide you with this information in addition to practical advice on saving for adoption expenses and fundraising ideas.
- Adopt Together The website, Adopt Together has all the tools that you need to create an online fundraiser to raise the funds for your adoption process. Turn your crowd into a community. We had one family raise over $23,000 in the first 24 hours!
- Help Us Adopt The website, Help Us Adopt is a nationwide 501(c)(3) financial grant program that helps couples/individuals (regardless of ethnicity, gender, marital status, race, religion, or sexual orientation) with the cost of adoptions by awarding grants up to $20,000. They support domestic, international and foster care adoptions and do not charge applicants to apply.
- Gift of Adoption Fund The website, Gift of Adoption provides grants to complete the adoptions of children in vulnerable circumstances- giving them permanent families and a chance to thrive.
- My Adoption Coach The website, My Adoption Coach provides useful information about the top 10 adoption grants. Adoption grants can be incredibly easy way to fund your adoption considering the amount of time and effort required to complete the application process.
- Adoption.com The website, Adoption.com, has a number of ideas on how to afford adoption, including information on saving for adoption and personal loan ideas.
- Copper Rock Financial This website, Copper Rock Financial helps you secure funding. Although it says business funding, you can use the funds for whatever you want. If you tell them Adoption & Beyond sent you, you will get a special deal.
- Credible The website, Credible, has an article outlining the 13 adoption loans and grants to consider. A personal loan could help you cover adoption costs and any associated expenses, such as travel or healthcare
- America’s Christian Credit Union The website, America’s Christian Credit Union, offers financial assistance. They have three options to choose from: Adoption Loan, Home Equity Adoption Loan, or Adoption Grant Credit Card.
- Amazon The book, You Can Adopt Without Debt, Creative Ways To Cover The Cost Of Adoption, by Julie Leanne Gumm.
- National Council For Adoption The website NCFA, outlines that with proper financial planning, adoption can be an affordable option for many families. Whether you’re interested in adoption grants or loans, the above link includes some of the resources available to prospective adoptive parents.