FEDERAL AND State Adoption Tax credits
Adoption Tax Law Changes for 2020
Grants, Loans, and Fundraising
e There are many financial grants and some loans available to families to help offset some of the adoption costs. The website links below will provide you with this information in addition to practical advice on saving for adoption expenses and fundraising ideas.
- Adopt Together The website, Adopt Together has all the tools that you need to create an online fundraiser to raise the funds for your adoption process. Turn your crowd into a community. We had one family raise over $23,000 in the first 24 hours!
- Family Money Coaching The website, Family Money Coaching offers several different courses that teach you everything you need to know about finances and adoption. They even have a Grants Success Course that includes 100 grants and how to successfully apply for them. (affiliate link).
- Adoption.com The website, Adoption.com, has a number of ideas on how to afford adoption, including information on saving for the adoption and personal loan ideas.
- Credible The website, Credible, has an article outlining the 13 adoption loans and grants to consider. A personal loan could help you cover adoption costs and any associated expenses, such as travel or healthcare
- American Christian Credit Union The website, American Christian Credit Union, offers financial assistance. They have three options to choose from: Adoption Loan, Home Equity Adoption Loan, or Adoption Grant Credit Card.
- Amazon The book, You Can Adopt Without Debt, Creative Ways To Cover The Cost Of Adoption, by Julie Leanne Gumm.
- National Council For Adoption The website NCFA, outlines that with proper financial planning, adoption can be an affordable option for many families. Whether you’re interested in adoption grants or loans, the above link includes some of the resources available to prospective adoptive parents.
Interested in learning more about The Ultimate Guide to Adopting a Child? Check out our entire guide here.