For every child to grow-up feeling loved.
Adoption & Beyond’s mission is to build healthy families through child-centered adoptions.
At Adoption & Beyond we dedicate ourselves to building meaningful relationships by educating, guiding and advocating for all touched by adoption, every step of the adoption journey and beyond.
How We’re Unique
- We offer free no-obligation office consultations to families so they can learn more about adoption.
- We are a 501(c)(3) self-supporting, not-for-profit, child placing agency licensed in both Kansas and Missouri.
- We have regional adoption workers placed throughout Kansas and Missouri which enables us to work with families residing anywhere in both states.
- We believe in working together with other adoption professionals to find loving families for children. Therefore, we have been networking with local, national and international adoption resources since we opened our doors in 1998.
- We offer an organized home study process which includes detailed, easy-to-follow home study paperwork.
- We strive to begin the home study process within a few days of a family’s initial inquiry. Our typical time frame to complete a home study is four to six weeks., of family submitting completed home study paperwork.
- We are well-respected for the quality of our home study services and reports and our home studies can be utilized for a local, national or international adoption.
- Our knowledgeable and committed staff members have been both personally and professionally touched by adoption.
- We take the time to talk personally with families when they call, and we remain available to answer questions throughout the adoption process and beyond.
- We are committed to providing humanitarian aid to children in need.
- We are members of professional child welfare organizations on both the local and national level.
- The appropriate perspective on adoption views the hopeful adoptive parents as a resource to the expectant parents and their child, not vice versa.
- Adoption is the transfer of parental responsibilities, which preserves the relationship between the birth and adoptive family and features a commitment to lifelong relatedness.
- Children benefit from a continuing connection to their birth family or country of origin. Therefore, the agency will assist birth and adoptive families in their reasonable efforts to stay connected.
- Every form of adoption must center on meeting the needs of the adopted child over the years. Therefore, we believe in the innate goodness of the adults involved and in their ability to put the child’s best interest above their own.
- Both the birth and adoptive family deserve equal respect and courtesy.
- Every participant in adoption experiences pain and loss in their own unique way and this should be recognized and respected.
- The alleged birth father’s full participation in the adoption process is sought whenever possible.
- Recognize a professional responsibility to assist clients to reach fully informed decisions. Therefore, we will protect expectant parents from feelings of obligation to place their children for adoption and will support their right to change their minds prior to placement.
- That hopeful adoptive parents have the right to examine and pursue as many avenues of adopting as they can emotionally and financially afford.
- The spirit of candor begins with the adoption professional. Therefore, it is our responsibility to create a climate in which honesty is encouraged and reinforced.
- It is our responsibility to uphold the highest ethical standards in all aspects of the adoption process and will not conceal any information relevant to the adoption process.
- Recognize that adoption is a lifelong experience for all involved and that Adoption & Beyond must make every effort to remain a resource to everyone throughout the years to come.
- We will operate our programs with fiscal integrity.
- We have an obligation to share any significant results, positive and negative, with other professionals in the field.
- We believe our efforts are best evaluated in terms of services provided, not numbers of placements made.
- We recognize an obligation to contribute to the public’s understanding of adoption issues.
- That integrity requires consistency in our beliefs and actions. Therefore, we strive to select our affiliations carefully, supporting organizations whose purposes and ethical practices are consistent with ours.
- Understand that the practice of adoption is dynamic and continually evolving, therefore we are receptive to positive change.
Adoption & Beyond, Inc. does not endorse any particular candidate for public office or corporate sponsor, and Adoption & Beyond, Inc. has no agency relationship with organizations to which it may be linked.
Founded in 1998
Adoption & Beyond is a not-for-profit child placing agency licensed in the states of Kansas and Missouri. It has a board of directors who oversees the operation of the agency, and it is run on a daily basis by its Founder and Director, Steffany Aye, along with the assistance of a wonderful team of adoption professionals.