You have the right to…
- Participate in all phases of the adoption planning process.
- Have all your questions answered completely and honestly.
- Receive ongoing education, guidance and support during the adoption process and beyond.
- Review photo profiles of families who have been carefully screened and educated and meet all state requirements to adopt.
- Select and meet the family you want to raise your child.
- Ask the prospective adoptive family a lot of questions.
- Request help with basic pregnancy-related needs.
- See, hold and spend time with your baby at the hospital.
- Have your own adoption attorney.
- Request an ongoing open and honest relationship with the adoptive family through the exchange of information and face-to-face visits.
- Be treated with dignity and respect throughout the entire adoption process and life beyond.