- The right to participate in all phases of the adoption planning process.
- The right to select the family you want to parent your child.
- The right to have a full set of options in selecting a prospective adoptive family for your child.
- The right to meet and interview a prospective adoptive family in order to make the best decision for you and your child.
- The right to receive ongoing adoption education and guidance throughout the adoption process.
- The right to ask questions of the prospective adoptive family.
- The right to see, hold and spend time with your baby at the hospital.
- The right to request ongoing information and contact with the adopting family through direct visits, social media, text, emails, calls and letters.
- The right to request help with pregnancy related expenses, such as medical expenses, transportation to medical appointments, and maternity clothes, etc.
- The right to an open and honest relationship with the adopting family.
- The right to be treated with dignity and respect throughout the entire adoption process and beyond.