Adoption is a big decision and it feels different for everyone. When considering adoption for your child, it helps to work with a not-for-profit adoption agency like Adoption & Beyond. Having someone to support you at every step of the adoption journey takes some of the weight off your shoulders. During such an emotional experience, this support helps you to focus on what’s best for you and your child.
The most important thing for birth parents to do before deciding on adoption is educating yourself. Information is the key to a successful and emotionally positive adoption experience for you and your child. At Adoption & Beyond, we get many questions about adoption and what it means for birth parents, adoptive parents and children. Here are 10 things to keep in mind while considering adoption for your child.
What You Need to Know About Adoption
- You are not alone, there are millions of unexpected pregnancies in the U.S. each year.
- Contacting an adoption agency is a first step, not a final decision.
- While it’s healthy to seek advice from people you respect, you alone need to determine what is best for you and your child.
- Adoption is a loving and responsible plan for an unexpected pregnancy. If you are not ready to parent, we will help you find someone who is.
- Adoption allows you to decide who raises your child and enables you to have contact with your child over the years if desired.
- Feelings of love, fear, loss, pride and hope are all normal when considering adoption.
- Adoption is not giving up your child, it is giving your child more family to love.
- Adoption is about keeping your promise to love, support, and seek the best for your child now and forever.
- Not all agencies are the same, and Adoption & Beyond will always treat you with the respect and dignity that you deserve.
- Adoption & Beyond has been transforming lives through adoption by serving the best interests of children, birth parents and adoptive parents since 1998.
Get the Support You Need with Adoption & Beyond
Adoption & Beyond is a licensed not-for-profit child-placement agency. We work with families in Kansas and Missouri and provide services for private, domestic, international and embryo adoption. Our focus is providing support to the families involved in the adoption process by creating a safe space and providing all the information you need to make a sound decision.
Working with birth parents is an important part of what we do at Adoption & Beyond. You play an essential role in the life of your child, and we want to help you make a decision that you feel good about.
Life and family are important to us, and we feel blessed to have the opportunity to help so many families in need. For more information about Adoption & Beyond and our adoption services, please contact us today.
Interested in learning more about Placing Your Child for Adoption in Kansas and Missouri? Check out our entire guide here.