It’s finally baby time! What do you need before bringing your baby home? Well, a car seat. Seriously, that is the only thing you absolutely need before receiving your baby. Everything else you will need will either be provided for you from the hospital or you can pick it up later. The hospital will send you home with an assortment of things you need like diapers, a blanket, pacifiers, and more.
What are some of those other must-haves for after you bring your baby home?
- Bassinet – These should be purchased at least the day you bring your baby home.
- Bottles – There is no need to stock up on bottles. Turns out, babies have preferences and might even reject certain types of bottles.
- Onesies – Babies come in all shapes and sizes. Buying too many onesies upfront can be wasteful until you know the size your baby will wear.
- Baby carrier – This is an excellent tool to create some bonding and connection with your baby. It will also make it easier for you to run to the store when the baby runs out of diapers or needs a new bottle.
- Pacifiers – The hospital usually sends the baby home with a pacifier but it never hurts to have a few extras. Before buying a pack, make sure your baby will use that specific kind.
- Swaddle – The hospital should have provided you with a blanket for swaddling. Swaddling is important for comforting your baby so having a few backups is ideal.
Adoptions can be unpredictable. So, when you and your family get that call, you might not have time to fully stock your nursery, and that’s okay. Just remember, Walmart is open 24/7 and you’ll likely have friends and family gift you with some other necessities.