What is a private adoption? To put it simply, private adoption is pursuing an adoption on your own without assistance from an agency. A family might consider a private adoption if they want to be more hands-on or if agency costs are a little out of reach. Regardless of why, choosing a private adoption is a big step and can seem scary. Putting your adoption into your own hands can be intimidating and stressful. The good news is…you don’t have to do it alone!
The two things you absolutely need for a private adoption are a home study and an attorney. While these are the two things you absolutely need, it doesn’t mean that you can’t use a little extra guidance. Adoption & Beyond is here to be your guide during (and beyond) the adoption process. Here are a few ways Adoption & Beyond can help with your private adoption.
- Self-networking is a huge part of successfully initiating a private adoption. We can provide you with resources on how to network effectively to find an expecting mother.
- Finding an expectant mother that would be a good fit is very important. Adoption & Beyond can help you screen potential expecting mothers and find match that is a good fit for both you and the mom. In addition, we can help determine if there are any red flags that could put your adoption at risk.
- Having an attorney is a necessity for adoption. But having the RIGHT attorney can go a long way. We can help match you with a reliable attorney that works specifically on adoptions in the state you plan to adopt.
- We also provide tools to help you develop a relationship with the expecting mom. The adoption process is much smoother if everyone is on the same page and we can help with that.
- Another benefit Adoption & Beyond provides is help with gathering social and medical information that is required by most courts.
- We can also help you develop a hospital plan! This will help you, the expecting mother, and the hospital all be on the same page.
- We also provide emotional support in navigating the time between when the baby is born and placement.
- Ideally, you will develop a healthy relationship with the expecting mother. This relationship can extend especially if you are doing an open adoption. In addition to supporting you, Adoption & Beyond makes sure the emotional support for the expecting mother is provided as well.
Our goal at Adoption & Beyond is to help you, your family, and the expecting mothers feel supported. We can provide you with education, emotional support, and more every step of the adoption process…and beyond!