To learn more about the Fee Schedule (below), please view the video from Steffany Aye:
Once Adoption & Beyond, Inc. (Agency) completes a Hopeful Adoptive Parent(s) (AP) home study (See Home Study Services fee schedule) they are welcome to apply for entrance into the Agency’s Domestic Adoption Program. An Agency domestic adoption occurs when a home study approved AP is selected by Expecting Birth Parent(s) (BP) working with the Agency on an adoptive placement plan. This full service program offers support, guidance and coaching throughout the adoption process.
Domestic Adoption Outreach and Program Services Fee
Domestic agency agreement fee includes one or more of the following services provided by Agency:
- Establishing and maintaining AP’s domestic adoption file
- Community Outreach/Training (hospitals, clinics, medical professionals, crisis pregnancy centers, schools, and clergy, etc.)
- Website (development, maintenance, marketing, etc.)
- Sending (self-reported) Social and Medical Background materials to BP
- Providing care to BP as they decide if adoption is right for them and their baby
- Monthly newsletter update
- On-line support network
- Weekly educational videos
- Guidance on who to have create your adoption profile, outreach materials and video
- Personalized review and feedback on adoption profile
- AP’s online adoption profile viewable on Agency website
- Agency will provide AP a list of additional adoption professionals to network with
- Resource list of adoption attorneys for AP to consider using
- Includes private adoption outreach guidance
- If AP matches with a BP through another adoption professional or privately on their own, Agency will provide continued support and consultation to AP and will coordinate adoption efforts with other professionals, as needed
- Serving as the ICPC receiving agency
- Screening and supporting BP in the adoption process
- Presenting AP’s adoption profile when appropriate
- Networking AP’s adoption profile with other agencies when appropriate
This fee is non-refundable
Fee remains active with a current home study until a child enters AP’s home (through adoption or giving birth to a biological child, etc.)
- Coordinating initial meeting between BP and AP
- Agency assists AP in developing their own unique relationship with BP while making plans for the child’s future
- Providing preparation for adoption throughout the adoption process, including but not limited to pre-adoption education, guidance, and emotional support
- Expenses for in-person meetings with BP (travel, mileage, meals, snacks and/or beverages)
- Compiling BP’s (self-reported) Social and Medical Background, providing copies to attorney’s and reviewing it with AP
- Sending Social and Medical Background materials to alleged father (if able)
- Collaboration with AP and BP’s attorneys through adoption process and consultation with AP’s and BP’s attorneys regarding contacting alleged birth father
- Coordination, management and disbursement of Pregnancy Related Living Expenses
- Helping BP with social services: locating housing, transportation, food, etc.
- Communicating with other professionals involved in the adoption process
- Assistance with creating an open adoption agreement, when applicable
- Assist BP in creating hospital plan and sharing plan with AP, BP’s attorney and hospital social worker
- Emotional support to BP and AP during the hospital stay
- Coordinating with BP attorney for signing of relinquishment documents
- Coordinating temporary transition care, if needed
- AP and BP will receive support through the entire adoption process, from the moment a match is identified through placement and the finalization of the adoption
This fee covers the services provided in a specific adoption opportunity. If placement does not occur half of fee is refundable.
- Legal placement of child into AP’s home
- Coordinating and communicating with other adoption professionals
- Facilitating hospital services through hospital social worker
- Coordinating discharge from hospital
- Preparation and submission of Interstate Compact Paperwork
- Post-placement supervision, visits and reports
- Referrals to post-adoption resources for AP
- Requesting Medical Records
- Adoption Court Hearings
- Post-placement care and support for birth mothers: grief counseling, on-on-one-coaching, and access to a large community of supportive birth mothers
- Administrative costs (scanning, copying, calls, postage, etc.)
- Core mission costs (scanning, copying, text/phone calls, standard and express postage, etc.)
- Core mission support (staff trainings, operations, administration, staff, community outreach, etc.)
- BP Beyond Adoption Scholarship Fund management and administration
Lifelong access to Agency for continued guidance, resources and support for the joys, and/or concerns as the child grows
Thirty (30) days prior to the expected birth due date (or at the time of placement for an expedited adoption)
Refundable (minus any services provided) if the placement is disrupted by the birth parent or Agency prior to finalization of the adoption.
Paid via check or money order only; no credit card
Third-Party Expenses (Estimated variable expenses that are not paid to Adoption & Beyond)
Creating your Adoption Profile Book [six (6) color copies] through an on-line photo service or by hiring someone professionally to complete your book
Developing your on-line profile to be displayed on Agency website
On-line Adoption Education Courses
You are required to complete a few on-line adoption education courses, beyond what was completed for the home study process
$250 – $550
Additional Third-Party Expenses (Estimated variable expenses that are not paid to Adoption & Beyond)
*The following variable direct costs related to Domestic Adoptions are more difficult to estimate, each domestic adoption is different and the fees will vary accordingly. AP understands that these are estimates only for planning purposes and these estimates are provided solely as a courtesy and AP agrees to release, indemnify and hold Agency harmless from any and all claims, damages and injuries caused by any inaccuracy in these estimated costs.
Pregnancy Related Living Expenses
- These expenses are determined on a case by case basis. They are expenses you have agreed to pay and that are allowed by law.
- If BP decides to parent child, living expenses paid are considered a gift and cannot be recovered
$1,000 retainer fee is due upon signing the adoption opportunity agreement or for an expedited adoption at the time of placement.
If BP decides to parent her child, the expenses disbursed are considered a gift and cannot be legally recovered.
Any remaining funds are returned
AP will need to retain an adoption attorney and be responsible for the BP’s attorney costs as well. These fees are paid directly to the respective attorneys. The range in fees depends on the complexity of each specific adoption case.
- Agency will provide AP a list of adoption attorneys
Paid to attorneys upon signing the adoption opportunity agreement
In the event there are unpaid medical expenses for Birth Mother and/or the child related to the birth of the child, including any paternity testing, (hereinafter referred to as the “Medical Expenses”), AP shall be responsible for paying the Medical Expenses to the extent that such Medical Expenses are actually incurred and are not fully covered or not fully paid or reimbursed by a health benefit plan, including, but not limited to, Medicaid.
*$0 – $10,000+/
if no insurance coverage
If you’d like more information on the other fee schedules, please click below to go back to the selection page.