Here at Adoption & Beyond, we really care about mothers. We wouldn’t have gotten where we are today without the love and support of birth mothers and adoptive mothers who have come to us for guidance over the past fifteen years.
With Birth Mother’s Day on Saturday and Mother’s Day on Sunday, we’d like to take this opportunity to thank each and every woman who has worked with us in the past. You’ve truly made our journey an incredible one.
To keep the love going, here are 15 great quotations about mothers and motherhood: one quote for every year we’ve been working alongside birth and adoptive mothers alike.
1. “Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.”
-Mildred B. Vermont
2. “The phrase ‘working mother’ is redundant.”
3. “I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.”
4. “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.”
-Honoré de Balzac
5. “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.”
6. “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.”
7. “Any mother could perform the jobs of several air traffic controllers with ease.”
8. “Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving.”
9. “It is as grandmothers that our mothers come into the fullness of their grace.”
10. “All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother.”
11. The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children.
12. “You count the hours you could have spent with your mother. It’s a lifetime in itself.”
13. “Mother is a verb. It’s something you do. Not just who you are.”
-Cheryl Lacey Donovan
14. “No matter how old a mother is, she watches her middle-aged children for signs of improvement.”
15. “However motherhood comes to you, it’s a miracle.”
We hope you have a wonderful weekend, filled with lots of love.