With the freezing temperatures today in Kansas City, you’re probably pining for the warmer days of summer right about now. It’s a great time to start planning ahead for any family vacations that you might be taking in 2014. Here are our picks for some fun, family-friendly destinations.
1. Orlando, Florida. It’s no secret that Orlando is a vacation hotspot for families with kids of all ages. Between the six theme parks in the Walt Disney World Resort, as well as Universal Studios (featuring The Wizarding World of Harry Potter) and Islands of Adventure, Orlando is any theme park-lover’s dream destination.
2. Maui, Hawaii. Paradise takes on a whole new meaning once you touch down on any island in Hawaii. Maui, probably the most family-friendly of all of the Hawaiian islands, has plenty to offer on land and at sea. Warm-water beaches, snorkeling trips, parasailing, submarine tours, the Sugar Cane Train, and beautiful hiking trails – just to name a few.
3. Colorado. Sometimes you need a vacation in the colder months. If you’re looking for a skiing and/or snowboarding destination for your family, you can’t do much better that Colorado. Home to 25 ski areas and resorts, it’ll be difficult to sit still during a trip to the Centennial State.
4. A cruise in the Caribbean. While some cruise lines have been having some troubles lately, there are still some crowd favorites out there that are worth checking out. A cruise around the Caribbean is something that the whole family can enjoy. With crystal clear waters, warm sandy beaches, and excursions at every port, your family will definitely love a week on the water.
5. Boston, Massachusetts. If you’re going to pick a city for your family trip, Boston is going to be your best bet. There are lots of freebies around the city, and during the summer months, you can’t miss out on a baseball game at Fenway Park. This site has lots of suggestions on how you can spend three days in Beantown.
However you choose to spend time with your family in 2014, we hope you have safe and happy travels!