Over the years, I’ve been honored to help countless families expand through adoption. One thing they all have in common is being overwhelmed with the adoption process.
When you compile all the costs, legalities, and invasive requirements for adoption, it’s completely understandable to want to shy away. With adoption professionals on your team, you’ll see that we have the experience necessary to break down the daunting process to show you that it can be done.
Here are bite-sized reminders to keep you grounded when the adoption process is making you anxious.
- Find a reputable adoption professional to consult. It can be easy to fall into a rabbit hole of internet searches and anecdotal stories. The adoption process cannot be broken down into a few research sessions. Instead, find an adoption professional who can review your specific questions and needs. At Adoption & Beyond, we provide a free consultation for families to give them clarity on their journey.
- Pick your adoption avenue. You can save a lot of time for you and your adoption professional by learning about the six avenues of adoption. Granted, this can change as the process unfolds for your family, and being able to understand them all throughout the process can easily eliminate stress. Your adoption professional can help clarify any questions along the way as well.
- Find your professional. Once you pick your adoption avenue, find an adoption professional that can support you. They’ll be able to help with legalities and ensure you’re making the correct moves throughout your adoption process.
- Prepare for your home study process. Every adoption agency has different policies and expectations for the home study process. It’s important to pick an agency first before doing this step. Success in the home study is contingent on the requirements of the agency.
- Develop your adoption profile. No matter which adoption avenue you decide on, you’ll need an adoption profile to share with expecting parents. Adoption professionals can help you build profiles that stand out and are the best representation of your family.
Whenever you start to feel overwhelmed, remember that these are five aspects of adoption that you can get ahead on.
If you want to understand the adoption process like a professional, I’ve built a course containing all the information I’ve learned over the last 27 years as a social worker and adoption advocate. Take the All About Adoption 101 Course and you’ll see that the more you understand about the adoption process, the less daunting it will be.
This blog post is provided for educational and informational purposes only. Our services are not financial, business or legal advice. The information presented here is not a guarantee that you will obtain any results or earn any money using our content. Adoption & Beyond, Inc. owns all copyrights to the materials presented here unless otherwise noted.
Check out the video on my YouTube channel HERE!