Job Title: Adoption Coordinator
Position Summary: Complete intake and assessment of prospective birth family. Provide education, guidance and support to prospective birth family on a regular basis throughout pregnancy. Help to coordinate contact between prospective birth and adoptive family throughout the adoption process and after placement. Provide home study and post-adoption services to adoptive families and other tasks as assigned.
- Provide adoption education and counseling to prospective birth and adoptive families.
- Provide social services (i.e., locating community resources, coordination with doctors’ offices, etc.) to prospective birth family.
- Complete Home Studies and Post-Placement Reports for adoptive families.
- Compile Social History reports and other documents necessary for the adoption process.
- Coordinate adoption process with prospective birth family, prospective adoptive family, attorneys, appropriate hospital staff, other adoption professionals and Court.
- Maintain files and database of waiting families. Provide regular updates to families.
- Attend speaking engagements to foster agency presence and adoption awareness in the community.
- Assist with fundraising and grant research/writing.
- Be on-call for prospective birth family when needed.
- Be available for evening and weekend appointments.
- Teach bi-monthly adoption education workshops for prospective adoptive families.
- Communication- Strong written and verbal skills
- Problem Solving- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Collaboration- Participates in planning and decision making
- Judgement- Display willingness to make decisions, exhibit sound judgment and make timely decisions
- Detailed Oriented- Ability to prioritize, plan work actives, use time and resources efficiently to meet deadlines
- Interpersonal Skills- Strong ability to work independently and as a team
- Adaptable- Ability to be flexible and adapt to unexpected situations
- Accommodating- The ability to work with all clients regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation or religion
- Software- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Minimum Qualifications: Licensed Bachelor’s or Master’s in Social Work, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist or Licensed Professional Counselor from an accredited College or University. Applicants who do not meet these minimum requirements cannot be considered for this position.
Preferred Qualifications: Professional experience is not necessary, training is provided.
Mandatory Requirements: Having a flexible schedule, being available to work days, evenings and weekends, being on-call and reliable transportation are all a must.
Hours: Full-time or Part-time
Pay & Benefits: Range $19-$28 an hour based on degree and experience. Benefits provided are flexible work schedule, work from home opportunities, mileage reimbursement, paid holidays and stipend for continuing education units.
Position Available: Now
Interested Candidates: Send Cover Letter, Salary Requirements & Resume to Attn: Steffany Aye at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 913-381-6909.